COLLEGE SKILLS/TUTORIAL DEPARTMENT
We offer classes designed to provide new and returning students a bridge to advanced academic classes and prepare for the rigors of college life and academics. We also offer FREE GED/HiSET preparation classes in Spanish at the Santa Rosa, Petaluma, and Southwest campuses, as at various off-campus locations and FREE GED/HiSET preparation classes in English at the Santa Rosa and Petaluma campuses.
Contact us at: (707) 527-4834 or connect with the Virtual Front Desk below.
College Skills' purpose is to improve the academic skills of Basic Skills students, and:
- Meet the diversity of student needs and increase access by offering classes in a variety of formats—credit and noncredit; learning communities; accelerated; online and hybrid; self-paced; and focused skill set.
- Develop students' independent learning skills, awareness of college support resources, and sense of themselves as part of the college community.
- Challenge students to strive toward their highest potential.
- Promote student access to Career Technical Education (CTE) programs, academic degrees, and transfer through the English and Math Pathways and noncredit Career Development/College Prep courses.
- Awaken respect and enthusiasm for learning.
- Enable students to apply and extend their technological skills to the educational arena in support of their academic goals.