Interested in Getting a Job as a Student Tutor ? Join our team!
Are you a Santa Rosa Junior College student who loves teaching and collaborating with your peers? If so, then we invite you to apply for a student staff position at the SRJC Tutorial Centers.
Spring 2023 Tutor Training
Why be a tutor?
- Tutoring can help you learn things on a deeper level.
- Tutoring gives you leadership qualities.
- Improves self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Improves academic performance, retention, and personal growth.
- Provides future opportunities.
How to qualify for a tutor position:
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 units at SRJC each semester you wish to tutor. International students need to be enrolled in 12 units. All students must be enrolled in a minimum of 3 units for summer term.
- Must have completed the class you wish to tutor with at least a "B" letter grade.
- Fill out an eligibility application with Career Hub.
- Apply to specific positions on Handshake after eligibility verification.
- Tutorial Center will contact you for an interview and submit an Instructor Tutor Recommendation Form. If hired, Career Hub will be notified for paperwork via Adobe Sign and email.
- Student tutor will be contacted by the Tutorial Center for a tutor orientation after employment clearance.
Current job openings? Open this link.
Contact the Santa Rosa Tutorial Center (707-527-4491) or Petaluma Tutorial Center (707-778-2409) for more information